EXPERIENCE HOLIDAYS - What will you do ?
North Argyll is such a great place to base yourself for relaxing, walking, climbing and sight seeing. Kintaline gives you the perfect space to relax, read, chill out, (or work if its a workcation you are after) BUT .. for those wanting a bit more excitement, a tour guide, or a definite theme to their time there are choices all around.Guests will receive a very comprehensive digital guidebook, in their confirmation, that has a lot about the house, and much more about possible local attractions, activities, experiences. And please ask if you have a topic of special interest that Jill can help with. Here is just a small selection.
- River to Sea : PRIVATE ECO PADDLING EXPERIENCES IN THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS
- Girls on Hills : YOU CAN.RUN FREE. Girls on Hills is Scotland’s only guided trail/fell running company, designed specifically for women
- Active Locals think that the Oban area is a mecca for outdoor activities and have set up the Oban Outdoors facebook group - you are welcome to join to learn the inside knowledge on where to wild swim, SUP, paragliding, scuba diving, climbing, trip point bagging, and many other great sports.
- Loch Visions Photography Wildlife Photography Adventures - Experience amazing Scottish wildlife photography workshops, tours and hides
Local history and so much more :
- ImagineAlba : luxury day tour with our archaeologist guide and Gaelic speaking driver is catered to your travel style and your unique interests. We also provide hop on bus guide service for your tour group. Sit back and relax!
- Tartan Road : Tailored tours to unmissable places
- Explore Lismore : Land Rover Tours on the Isle of Lismore. Join local guide Robert for an unforgettable island experience - and the baking is to die for.
- Tartan Tours : Guests will be taken on a tour of local historical sites not normally seen by the normal tourist population and thereafter taken through countryside off the beaten track. At the end of the tour the guests will be provided with a seafood (or vegetarian option) lunch and given an insight into the local shellfish economy.
On the water :
Our local waters are the perfect place to see whales, dolphins, whirlpools, eagles, seals and so much more
- You can take the trip boats from Oban harbour to see the seals on the small islands and shores around Kerrera
- The more adventurous might chose the likes of Seafari Adventures with their exceptional Wildlife and Whirlpool excursions
- Or a scenic trip with Etive Cruises up into the unique glacial Loch Etive
Scenic Tours by Air : Oban Airport is just a few miles away - you can bring your own private plane in; you can take scheduled flights to Coll, Tiree, Islay and Colonsay; and you can go on scenic tours over Oban, Seil, Mull and Lismore,